Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remy's Baby Blessing

The real reason we made the trip to Idaho was Remy's baby blessing. Since Ben and I are both from Idaho, we decided it would be easier for us to make the trip up there with Remy, rather than having everyone come down to Utah.  Due to Stake Conference, we opted to have Remy blessed at my parents' house.  It was a great setting because it was a much more intimate so we could invite the most important people in our lives.

The blessing Ben gave Remy was amazing!  It made me realize all the good things we want for Remy, not just as a baby now, but for the rest of his life.  And I was pleased that my grandfather, my dad, Ben's dad, my brothers, and Ben's friends could participate, making this a memorable occasion. 


Father and Son

Our Little Family

Brandon, Ben, Remy, and Robert

Beau, Mike, Ben, Remy, and Grant

Ben opening a gift from Todd and Christy
Me, Remy, Mom, and Vicki

After the blessing, we got to and eat and mingle.  My parents put together a nice meal for everyone, and it was nice to spend time together.  I love spending time with my nieces and nephews especially, because I don't get to see them much.  One of my favorite moments was when I realized how much of an attitude my niece Peyton has.  I told her that she looked so cute, and she turned to me and said, "No, I'm not so cute!"  I love it!! 

Caitlan, Ashley, Ben, and Remy
(Everyone commented that Caitlan and I looked the same because we were both wearing black dresses)

Steven, Deborah, Brandon, and Aurora
Robert, Peyton, and Nic

Aurora holding Remy
(Because he was crying, she only wanted to hold him for a few seconds).

After I took Remy away, Aurora was sad because she decided she didn't get to hold the baby long enough.  My mom, to everyone's surprise, came rushing in and sat on her lap, pretending to be a baby.  We all had a good laugh at that. 

 
My beautiful mother

No comments:

Post a Comment