Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another Trip to Idaho



At the beginning of December, I went back to Idaho with Remy for my sister's baby shower. Inevitably, I forgot my camera, so I only have a few pictures others were willing to share with me.

It was my first time flying with a baby, and boy was it an adventure! Ben and I figured flying would be much easier than me driving by myself for six hours, especially with a baby, so when my mom offered to pay for half of the flight, we took her up on it. Our flight out of Salt Lake City was early in the morning, so after getting loaded up, we headed off to the airport and Remy fell back asleep. Inexperienced me though, didn't know that both the stroller and carseat have to go through the x-ray machine. So I had to wake Remy up and take him out of his carseat to get through the security checkpoint. Although it was inconvenient, I LOVED the family friendly line which was considerably shorter than the regular lines.


Remy fell back asleep before we boarded, and then woke up while we were descending. He was still so tired and fussy, he cried until we landed. So yes, I was one of those moms, on the airplane with a crying baby. Flying back was a little bit easier. I got to the security checkpoint and felt like a pro, breaking down the stroller, putting the carseat on the belt, and keeping up with the traffic. One man, however, must have thought that I wasn't going fast enough when about a foot and a half of space appeared on the belt between me and the person in front of me. Much to my surprise and chagrin, he cut in front of me! I guess he needed to get somewhere much faster than me. Remy did much better on the second flight. He cried during take-off, but fell back asleep until Ben picked us up in Salt Lake.

During the trip, I helped my mom get ready for the baby shower (no pictures, sorry). My sister had a tea party theme, so we had a buffet of treats and sweets, along with tea, hot chocolate, and mulled cider to drink. It was fun to see some of my friends from Idaho and catch up.

We also happened to go shopping at the mall while I was in Idaho. My mom bought me my birthday present...these fabulous snow boots:
I love the color, don't you? She also bought Ashley her birthday present, which was the same boots in red. :) While at the mall, we went to Williams and Sonoma, my mom's favorite store, and Caitlan my sister wanted to wear Remy in my Moby Wrap. Remy seemed to enjoy it as well, since we put him facing outward for the first time.



One of the most important things Remy and I did during our trip was to visit my grandfather, who is 94 years old. He lives my Aunt Sherron, since my grandmother passed away this summer. We made a special trip on Sunday to visit him, and Remy took to him immediately. It was amazing to see Remy smile at my grandpa, and sit on his lap like I used to do when I was little.

Four Generations
(Remy wearing his Christmas sweater outfit my mom bought for him).

Remy and I were ready to go home by the time the weekend was over. We missed Ben and wanted to get back to him and our daily routine. However, we enjoyed our visit with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment